Review: Ship of Theseus

 



Ship of Theseus is one of those hidden gems in the indie scene. Written by Aaron King, the game is a solo experiment about becoming a captain, fixing up your ship and sailing strange seas. It is played with a standard deck of cards and has some random tables for each suit/number you draw along the game session. The game is divided by years and seasons, a very metha-poetic game design choice if you think about the kind of navy stories you create with it. 



At the time, I played just one year, but it was really something! Really fun game and I've created a discord server to use it as a platform for it. I was so excited with the game that I created some digital props to help my immersion in it. I used basically public domain images, what was awesome to this purpouse.


I really liked this little game and had some good times playing it. I also found it really hackable what is great. The game could be a base for travel games of any sort and genre. 

Is it worth it?

Totally.


Comments

Most read