THE RISE AND FALL OF THE MACHINE-ANGEL PASSION | SESSION 2

 This is a high action game with it's world and everything generated asking two GM emulators: Ask the Stars (by Chris McDowall) and Recluse (by Grave Utterance). I'm using Fate Accelerated system to run it. Before start reading the game actual-play, perhaps you would like to check Session 1. Every time I'm speaking out of character the text will be like this.


There's any source of light into the tunnel?
Recluse (probably) : no


Can I hear anything?
Recluse (50/50): no and... My steps reverb loudly


What do I encounter in the middle of the tunnel?
AtS: The rooted(5) eye (6): A safe secret


While my footsteps reverbed into the silent dark tunnel below Isuki's burned kitchen I've seen the silhouette of living things ahead. They looked unnatural somehow, too geometric for human beings. They walk from one side to another.

There's more than two?
Recluse (50/50) : yes


More than three?
Recluse (50/50): yes but... No more than 5.


So there's 5. Three of them walking from one side to the other of the tunnel. And two others standed still on a upper platform on their right.

Can I understand what they're doing?
Recluse (probably not) : no


Did they noticed my presence?
Recluse (probably) : no (!)


I'm alone at a dark silent tunnel. There's some kind group of robotic things ahead of me working on something. They haven't noticed me. I'm not the crazy one. I won't spend one minute more here.

I'll try to leave them behind without being noticed.

FATE (Careful): Success

At the end of the tunnel I take some moments to remember the good childhood years, playing hide-and-seek with friends there. My devanations are interrupted by a huge man, older than I poiting and screaming at me.

"Gimme the angel compass now or perish, kiddo!"

戦い - BATTLE TIME! - 戦い

"What do you want with me?! "

Recluse (50/50): yes and... 

"Gimme the angel compass now or you'll die! You choose, kid! I... I need the money... I'll be the one to kill Isuki! Gimme now!"

His tears of rage and sadness were flying in the wind. The sun made his long shadow cover me.

FUJIWARA NOBU (3FP /▫️▫️▫️▫️)
52 years old, retired pugilist

+3: punching, intimidating
+2: defending
-1: agility

Rusted Punch:+2 and the next of his oponent action must be -1, whatever the skill value


He is on a rock on a level above yours and before you can calm him down, he leaps towards you with a clenched fist and a cry of fury.


FATE: you dodge it and feel Nobu's massive weight when he lands from the jump and the ground shakes slightly.

Behind him I jump and give a volley kick to the back of the head causing a medium consequence: he falls face to face dragging and breaking the ground where his body passes. You see the blood trail through. I walk over and he starts shaking his body on the floor as if he's having an epileptic fit.

FATE: Compell aspect: "you believe too much in second chances"

I run towards him to help him and kneel beside him to see how he is doing.

With his face raw and blood gushing non-stop (medium consequence), he turns with a punch wrapped in a dark aura while shouting RUSTED PUNCH!

FATE: Fail

I cross my arms in time to defend myself and have my body thrown back, dragging across the floor and a cloud of dust rising. Although there was no damage, I feel the weight of the dark aura stuck to me.

There was a trail in the tunnel I came from. At the end of the tunnel, is there a rail cart in sight?
Recluse (probably): yes

Is it empty?
Recluse (50/50): yes
Free invocation of situational aspect

Taking advantage that his face is blinded by the blood of the previous blow

I run back to him screaming and punch him in the face. The idea is to deliver the blow to your face and the force of the impact to launch it into the rail cart at the end of the tunnel.

FATE: FAIL
Spent FP: +2
FATE: SUCCESS

LIGHT CONSEQUENCE: he gets stuck with his body inside the cart and gets up with a monstrous metal case on his back.

FATE: summon aspect: "the metal shell of Nobu. +2

He runs on all fours like a crazy animal and throws his body with the metal hoof over me screaming INDUSTRIAL METEOR.

I try to generate an illusion of movement to escape the blow

FATE: fail
Spent FP: tie

I manage to deflect without damage, but the attack of nut is so strong that it generates a rock slide over us, coming from the mountainside. Taking advantage of the blood on his face, I yell PENITENT PUNCH and deliver a fiery blow to try to put him down and leave him immobile.

FATE: tie

The attack unbalances a little nobu and I use the momentum to jump in. On top of one of the rocks falling while it is still in the air.

Spent FP: sun in his face while looking for me and he can't see me falling to try to punch him.
FATE: FAIL

As I jump over the Rock, it crumbles to pieces and I see Nobu's giant body flying towards me.

FATE: FAIL

I am small and I can not only avoid the attack but also mount it on his hull as if I rode him during his jump. I try to give my legs a boost to alter his course and throw him under a falling stone.

FATE: SUCCESS
Situational aspect: buried

While I see the stone falling on Nobu I will try to run jumping from stone to stone to reach the steps of the mechanized rock-god to escape from there.

FATE: SUCESS

"I can't waste any more time! I need to find Izuki before everyone else!"

Jumping over the rocks still in the air, I reach the staircase and see the rocks block the base of the staircase behind me. Without thinking twice I run and leave Nobu buried and screaming my name behind.

Comments

Most read