Game Report: The rise and fall of the machine-angel passion | Session 1

This is a high action game with it's world and everything generated asking two GM emulators: Ask the Stars (by Chris McDowall) and Recluse (by Grave Utterance). I'm using Fate Accelerated system to run it. Before start reading the game actual-play, perhaps you would like to check what's the context, how's the scenario and who's my character. Every time I'm speaking out of character the text will be like this.

Let's start an adventure.

-

What's happening right now that needs my urgent attention?
3 (The Cage: protection/obligation)
8 (Burning: honesty/pride)


I wake up with screams in the morning before the Tournament. The city was in flames, the machine-angel walking through the streets, people running in fear. I've found Mariya and she told me our childhood friend Isuki had done something terrible. She took me by the hand and said "hurry, you better see for yourself!".

We run through the crowded streets and among burning buildings falling down.

Do I see someone I know?
Recluse(probably): yes and...

It's my mother. She's trapped among a vrazy crowd of people fearing for their lives. I see a building about to fall down on her. I tried desperately to reach her and save her.

Fate: fail

The building falled down on her already?
Recluse (50/50): no, but it will any moment now

Fate: fail again


The burning building falled down on my mother in front of me and I can't say if she survived somehow. Mariya is hurrying me to left this place behind. The machine-angels are searching for someone. It's not safe to stay here and she wants to show me something. On the verge of tears I follow her.

Where does she takes me?
1 (The Fang: hostility/fear)
11 (Crowded: ambition/ruin)

Mariya took me to Isuki's house. It is deserted and burned. Where it used to be the kitchen there's something new on the ground: a staircase going underground. She looks at me as if saying "just trust me". We walk down the stairs into the dark. The sound of a lever been pushed up makes the lights turn on. It is a kind of room with sketches of the machine-angel Darius everywhere. There's a bed and a wooden table with some notes on it. I couldn't understand. It seemed love letters to Darius, as mad as it sounds. The room is parallel to a dark tunnel with rails on it.

Do you already knew about this place?
Recluse (50/50): yes and... you too, Hokusho.

She reminds me of a tunnel we used to play woth Isuki on many years ago, on our childhood. I say to her that's absurd cause this tunnel was on the base of the god-mechanical-boulder and just then I realize everything: Isuki bought the house and connected the underground room with the tunnel to go there without anyone noticing him. I wanted to ask her why he would do this, but she keeps staring me among all those sketches of mechanical-angel Darius. She doesn't need to say anything: Isuki falled in an heretic and impossible love for Darius and run to the forbbiden city of the mechanical-angels, pedrada, on top of the god-mechanical-boulder.

"He'll try to breed with her, Hokush. Breed an abomination and bring us our death.", she said. "The major already announced this morning a huge bounty for his head, but you have to reach him first, Hokusho. Please! He's Isuki!"

With my compass and my bare feet I run into the dark tunnel and leave Mariya behind. I can hear her sobbing reverbing around me for a long time. 


Comments

  1. Very interesting, and it sure feels like a pilot episode for a shounen anime!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most read